Monday 10 March 2008

Pet Fishes

One of my colleagues in HK asked me where to buy pet fishes as gift; I pointed him to the Goldfish Market (or Pet Fish Market) near the Prince Edward MTR station. This is the centralised area of selling good pet fish, from the cheapest to the most expensive one. Here is the official link. http://cyberfair.fixip.net/shop_market002.htm
There are 3 good shops along the left side of Tung Choi Street (towards Prince Edward station direction) I used to buy fishes and fish tank accessories there.
Below is my fish tank in London today, actually shipped from HK when I came over. They are the gold fishes in my fish tank now.

Personally, I would not recommend giving fishes as gift, being a pet fish fans, I respect fishes as they are live animal like dogs and cats. However they are more vulnerable to death than dogs and cats. Reason is that fish may easily die in 1 or 2 weeks later because lacking of appropriate environs (e.g. water and food). And having the right environs costs a lot of money and time … :-)  
If they died, it distorts the purpose as a gift anyway.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment